NEF offers one award cycle each year. Proposals will be accepted yearlong and must be submitted no later than March 31st of each year to be considered for the current application window.
Notification will be made by June 30th.
Awarded funds will be disbursed by September 1st.
Any proposals received after March 31st will be held for the next application window.
|Application Window||Notification of Award||Disbursement Date|
|April 1st, 2018 - March 31st, 2019||June 18th, 2019||September 1st, 2019|
|April 1st, 2019 - March 31st, 2020||June 30th, 2020||September 1st, 2020|
Award applicants can access the NEF AWARD Application here.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Nutley Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 735, Nutley, N.J. 07110.
Awards will not be automatically renewed, but must be resubmitted and competitively reviewed each award period. If a grantee reapplies for a project that NEF already funded, he/she must have submitted a completed Final Report before reapplying.
The NEF Research and Development Committee will prioritize awards based on criteria including but not limited to educational innovation, school district priorities, scope of benefit, and ability to fund the grants.
- Priority will be given to awards that focus on improving student achievement.
- Award allocations will range from $200 to $2,000 per project – but not limited to.
- Projects will be funded for a maximum of two consecutive years.
- Any changes in funding allocation requires prior approval.
NEF will not fund:
- For-profit organizational entities
- Salaries or stipends for district employees or substitute teachers.
- Travel expenses for district employees.
- Refreshments, unless they are central to the project.
- Items already provided for in the school budget, standard classroom supplies, or maintenance and facilities costs.
Applicants need to be available for additional information during the review process.
Award recipients where possible, must promote and publicize NEF. When situation arises such as Back to School Night, Parent Teacher Conferences, Staff Development Days, PTO Meetings please be sure to mention, “This project is funded by an award from the Nutley Educational Foundation.”
Funds are available for 12 months from July 1st of the calendar year in which the award was approved. Therefore, all award funding MUST be used by June 30th of the following calendar year after approval. All funds will revert back to the NEF if this deadline is not met.
Applicants are required to complete the NEF Final Report within 2 weeks of completion or no later than June 30th. Failing to do so will negatively affect future requests.